It's a fact, change is a part of everyday life. Our attitude and emotions change, our environments change, people around us change. Like it or not, things are going to change. We can't do anything about that fact but we can accept it and go with the flow. Let change guide you. Instead of trying to manipulate things around you, you might just need to adjust your attitude. Im not telling you anyting new.
Change is a part of what makes you who you are. You can choose to let it make you better or you can let it ruin you.
I'll have to admit, I never welcome change at first. My life would be pretty lame if things did not change. I probably wouldn't be here right now if I had not let change guide me to new places and possibilities.

I didn't like how things changed after my dad passed. My dad was my life, my guide, my instructions, my answers, my confidence, my protector. I knew as long as he was around, I didn't have much to worry about. I didn't even have to look things up in the dictionary because he could explain every word to me and I would understand it clearly.
My dad taught me, gave me everything I needed to fly, I just felt I didn't need to fly on my own with him around.

Another father figure came along, sat beside me, on that little branche and spoke to me. He helped me remember my father's guidance and wisdom. He helped me find my confidence and strength to spread my wings and take off.




Sometimes change hurts us. Sometimes people hurt us. We go through those
hurts, pains and loneliness to get us to the next level.
I know how it feels to be lied to, cheated on, taken advantage of, talked about, unwanted. It sucks! (That's and understatement) But it made me so much stronger. At this moment, It doesn't feel like I'm that much stronger but when I think about where I've been, how others have dealt with things like this, I can clearly see that I have come a long way and I am better than I was yesterday.

I used to wonder why my past relationship didn't last. What did I do or say that was so bad that the relationship I worked so hard to keep together failed. The answer??

To be honest, I don't have an answer for that. But I can say, I learned soooo much going through what I went through. I was young, fresh out of high school, never been away from my parents, never had to get a job during my high school years. I had a car to drive, a mobile phone in the car and a pager! But soon after I graduated, I left for the military. I met my spouse as soon as I got to my first duty station. I met him the second day I got there. After I met him and started hanging out with him,
I paid attention to no one else. I got pregnant and got married within a year. I didn't give myself time to get to know him. How is he when he gets pissed off? Does he clean? Does he like kids? Does he drink? Smoke? Go out? Is he a family man? How does he treat his mama? Sister? Does he go to church? Do these things even matter to me?

I said "I do" before I was able to answer ALL of these questions. We didn't have or even know what it would begin to take to be able to
stand together through all of the changes we both would go through. Now I will probably never know everything I need to know about love, relationships/marriage.. But what I do know is that in my future relationship, I am on a higher level and I know how to protect and fight for my life, my love, my future. Because I was hurt, I don't want the one I love to feel any bit of how I felt. There's no way I will betray or step outside of my home, my life and my relationship. It's not worth it. There is so much more in life to see, to do, to love. I want to spend the rest of my life, sharing the changes, ups, downs, highs and lows with my partner and going to each and every different level TOGETHER.

Without the changes in my past, I would not know how to value and appreciate what God has for me. I have Faith. I have hope. I have Love...
All because of change.