"Accomplishment, leading to self-esteem, is not just about doing something.. it is about the courage to persist through pain, failure, and self doubt." These are the words from Laura Schlessinger from the book Ten Stupid Things Women do to Mess up Their Lives.
Many people, as well as myself are always looking for that quick fix or that magical pill or even magic period, to change things in our lives. Folks these days don't want to work for anything, don't want to put any time and effort into anything. It's like this world is impatient, lazy and people are taking the value and worth out of life. There is advice, encouragement, motivation and tips and how-to's for everything in life but what it boils down to is you. You have to make a conscious effort to change or improve anything in your life wether it be losing weight, passing a class, or changing your financial status. How bad to you want the changes and improvements you need in your life?
My biggest downfall in life period is fear, and not knowing. I now understand what it means to feel the fear and do it anyway. You aren't always going to meet everyone's standards or do things the way someone else would. I am some what of a perfectionist. When I do something or prepare to do something, I want it to be awesome right then. When I started blogging, I wanted to skip the beginning, I wanted to skip going through what it takes and just jump right to the end. I wanted to see that I was making a difference in someone's life immediately. I wanted instant success, but I know things don't happen this way.
My whole point is that we have to find our strength and esteem within God and ourselves first. When I fail or don't meet someone else's standards, I have to know within myself "hey, I know that didn't work out but that doesn't mean Im not good enough or good at all." You have to be able to fail and stand back up and do what you need to do to make it better next time, adjust, dust yoruself off and re-focus. It takes work, hard work, perseverence and determination among many other things to keep yourself in the game and going strong. Please don't give up or quit. If one road or way doesn't get you there, take or make another route. You will get there if you keep going!

"Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dared to win."